Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Full of Hearts (Bella Blvd & Paper Issues)

If you're here for the Gossamer Blue/Elle's Studio blog hop click HERE.

Earlier this week I had this layout on the Bella Blvd blog. We were challenged to use more than 25 of one shape on a layout. I immediately had the idea to create a background with my silhouette and back the negative spaces with patterned paper. Well, that didn't happen. I actually had the background designed and was ready to cut it when my computer crashed. I was without a couple of days so I had to come up with a different plan...Here's where my heart punch came into the picture. I punched a little heart out of each of the patterned papers in the Family Forever collection.
I'm also linking this project to the latest issue at Paper Issues. It's titled "Fill 'er Up." I linked it because it's filled with hearts!
 I added a grey heart behind each patterned paper heart and stitched them in rows to my white cardstock background.
 I also stitched my chipboard letters to add a little texture and interest. (Stitching is also a great way to make sure your chipboard stays in place.)
And here's the completed layout! :)
 
Thanks for stopping by today!  Come back soon!

5 comments:

  1. I came for the GB blog hop, but was stopped by this. It's just amazing!! Love all of the hearts and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That a lot of hearts! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome.....loving all of the hearts & sweet photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The result looks lovely. It doesn't even show that you have encountered a computer crash prior to it. Good thing you came up with a different plan and it all ended well. That’s a relief. How’s your computer doing, by the way? I hope you didn’t lose any of your files, or at least you had a backup for it.

    Ruby @ WilliamsDataManagement.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS