Monday, June 2, 2014

Monochromatic with Bella Blvd

Happy Monday! Welcome! I hope you're off to a great start on your work week. We're hitting the ground running this week. I've got meetings bright and early this morning and we've got 3 baseball games this week (maybe more) and at least 1 practice. I'll be buying another bottle of sunscreen for the kids and spending lots of time in the car driving from one baseball field to another. So far both kids are loving baseball, that makes it so much more fun and easier for the mamma.

I also have lots of fun things coming up here on my blog this week too. I'm so excited about tomorrow's Let's Talk Tuesday post. I can't wait to share it!

Today I've got a project up on the Bella Blvd blog. To be honest, this project may have given me a grey hair or two. My challenge was to create a layout with a monochromatic color scheme. I'm not sure I've ever used a monochromatic color scheme, if I did it was years ago. I like to use lots of color on my layouts. As you can see here, and here, and here, color is what I love! I use lots of different colors, all the time. So limiting myself to one color made me a little bit panicky.

What I did love about this project was digging through my stash of Bella papers to find the perfect colors. I love the colors and patterns in Bella collections. They're always so bright and fun.

I chose a yellow/orange color scheme. I wanted to fussy cut my title like I did on this project.
I cut one inch strips of paper (corner to corner) from each piece of patterned paper. Once I adhered them to a 9 inch square of cardstock on the diagonal I zig-zag stitched where each strip of paper came together.
I added my journaling just above each line of zig-zag stitching.
I do love how it turned out. I think I will try this design with a few more colors next time though.
What do you think? Is there a color scheme that is harder for you to work with? Is it hard for you to stick with one color or is it harder to combine lots of color?

3 comments:

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS