Monday, June 23, 2014

Paper Crafter's Library: Scrapbooking Projects as Home Decor

Happy Monday to you! I'm so excited to show you the full reveal of the projects that I created for the Paper Crafter's Library. I've known for a few months that this feature was coming up and I spent a lot of time trying to decide what I would like to feature on their blog. I finally decided that I would like to share a set of layouts and a couple of different ways to display them.
I love creating layouts to display in my home. I created these three layouts of my kiddos to display in my living room. Displaying layouts in addition to or instead of framed photos is so much more personal. It not only tells the story of the photo but it also shows my passion for memory keeping and love for my hobby. The display doesn't have to be fancy, one way to display them just uses plain small clothes pins and a string. 

I love the idea of being able to switch layouts out as I create them. When I take these down I will replace them with newer projects.

The second option is displaying them clipped to a clipboard with the clipboard either hanging on the wall or on an easel.

 
Baseball
Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper, Chipboard: Crate Paper, Letter Stickers: American Crafts, Enamel Dots: My Minds Eye, Die Cuts: Crate Paper, Flair: Studio Calico, Date Stamp: American Crafts, Adhesive: American Crafts, Shipping Tag: Office Supply, Sewing Machine: Singer, Thread: Coats & Clark, Stapler: American Crafts, Wood Veneer: Crate Paper, Cardstock: American Crafts, Pen: American Crafts, Ink: Clearsnap
 
This clipboard sits on an easel in my living room. I change out the projects that I display there often.


Third Grade
Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper, Die Cuts: Crate Paper, Gems: Crate Paper, Stapler: American Crafts, Letter Stickers: American Crafts, Die Cut Machine: Silhouette, Digitial Die Cut File: Lori Whitlock, Adhesive: American Crafts, Sewing Machine: Singer, Thread: Coats & Clark, Enamel Dots: My Minds Eye, Vellum: Crate Paper, Shipping Tag: Office Supply, Flair: Panda Eight Designs, Metallic Paper: Chickaniddy Crafts, Gems: Crate Paper, Pen: American Crafts



His Little Bike
Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper, Wood Veneer: Crate Paper, Chipboard: Crate Paper, Die Cuts: Crate Paper, Stapler: American Crafts, Washi Tape: My Minds Eye, Date Stamp: American Crafts, Enamel Dots: My Minds Eye, Letter Stickers Studio Calico, Acrylic Letters: Crate Paper, Font: Lori Whitlock Perfect Type, Sewing Machine: Singer, Thread: Coats & Clark, Adhesive: American Crafts, Flair: Studio Calico

Do you display projects in your home or do your projects go directly into albums? Or if you're like me do most of your projects go into very large stacks until there's no more room to stack them and then you finally spend an entire day organizing and putting projects into albums? ;)



5 comments:

  1. Hi Becki, Other than the beautiful LO you have created is a great idea to share them like this. I usually finish them and keep them directly in the album. But this way is so much more fun. Everyone has the chance to see it, to read it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing that you get them all put into albums. I'm terrible about getting my layouts put away, that's why I use the clipboard. At least there's less of a chance that they will get damaged on the clipboard rather than in a pile on my desk. ;)

      Delete
  2. Cute ideas, Becki. I like the way you display your layouts on the clipboard to easily change them out and rotate new ones in. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's what i love about the clipboard. It's so easy to change it up :)

      Delete
  3. Becki, this is such an amazing idea! I love displaying photos and the idea that you can switch them out when you have some new ones to display is fantastic. Definitely have pinned this post to save for later! Thanks for sharing your talented work with all of us.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS